- In 1947, the Shadowbrook Restaurant opened in beautiful Capitola-by-the-Sea, CA.
- The famous Shadowbrook "Cable Car" was installed in 1958 by the Dwan Elevator Company of San Francisco, CA, which is still in business today. It's a minute and five second ride and descends 100 feet down a garden-laden hillside.
- Open Table honored the Shadowbrook Restaurant as one of the Top 100 romantic restaurants in the USA.
- The Shadowbrook gardens are magical. The hillside originally was a dark, wooded area with a steep dirt path. Over the years, it has been replaced with an abundance of plants, ferns, flowers and wide, level walkways with stairs and handrails.
- Approximately 135 employees work at the Shadowbrook year round. The current owner started working at the Shadowbrook in 1972 and bought the restaurant in 1978. http://www.shadowbrook-capitola.com Note: 5 Fun Facts is a trademark of Today's Contest, LLC. All Rights Reserved.